- Karnataka State Eligibility Test
Karnataka State Eligibility Test - KSET
The Karnataka State Eligibility Test (KSET) is conducted by the University of Mysore for the recruitment of lecturer and assistant professorship in different universities, colleges and institutions within the state of Karnataka.
KSET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
EXEMPTION FROM KSET 2019
- There is no age limit for candidates applying for KSET 2019.
- Candidates should have successfully completed their Master’s or other equivalent examination with a minimum of 55% (50% for reserved category) marks from a recognized universities / institutions.
- Candidates appearing for their master’s final examination are also eligible to apply for KSET 2019.
- Candidates are only allowed to appear for KSET 2019 in their relevant subject. In case the candidate did not find the subject of his post-graduation in the list of KSET subjects, the candidate may appear in UGC-NET / UGC-CSIR NET which is held twice a year.
- Candidates belonging to the reserved category should produce a proof of their caste certificates.
- Candidate who have earlier cleared KSET are not eligible to apply again in the same subject. If any candidates are found to be eligible in previous KSET tests and reappearing on same subject in current KSET, their application will be cancelled and the previous eligibility is withdrawn through de-notification.
- Candidates, who are or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SELT/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor(s) or equivalent positions in Universities/ Colleges/ Institutions.
- Candidates who have cleared the State Eligibility Test (SET) accredited by UGC for eligibility for Assistant Professor held prior to 1st June 2002, are exempted from appearing in NET, being eligible to apply for Assistant Professor anywhere in India. For SET held from 1st June 2002 onwards, the qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the universities/ colleges belonging to the state from where they have cleared their SET.
KSET 2019 Application Process
- Candidates are required to apply online by visiting the official website http://hp.gov.in/hppsc/
- Candidate has to upload his / her scanned recent passport size photograph in JPEG format (206 X 240 (w X h) pixel dimension) and the file size should not more than 300 kb. Fill up the application form with all appropriate details and submit it online. After the successful submission and confirmation, the candidates are suggested to take a printout of filled online Application Form and Computerised Bank Challan on A-4 size paper only for future reference.
- The application process is finally complete with the payment of application fees.
- Candidates can download the Bank Challan from the official website to pay examination fee.
KSET 2019 Application Fees
- General - Rs 1050/-
- Cat-IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB - Rs 850/-
- Cat-I, SC, ST, PWD - Rs 550/-
The payment can be made online via State Bank MOPS (Multi Option Payment System) or by using internet banking/debit card/credit card/State bank Buddy e-Wallet payment.
One can also make a cash payment by clicking SBI branch, and hence a challan can be generated online and payment can be made at all the SBI branches PAN India (Cash/only SBI cheques are accepted).
KSET 2019 Exam Dates (Tentative)
- Karnata SET (KSET) 2019 Date:- December 2019
KSET TEST CENTERS:
Center Name - Center Code
Subjects offered for K-SET 2019 Examination:-
- Bengaluru - A
- Belagavi -B
- Ballari - C
- Vijayapura - D
- Davangere - E
- Dharwad - F
- Kalburagi - G
- Mangaluru - H
- Mysuru - I
- Shivamogga - J
- Tumkuru - K
List of 39 subjects for which examination will be conducted by K-SET along with their respective codes is as given below:
Subject Code - Subject - Medium of Question Paper
01 - Commerce - English & Kannada
02 - Kannada - Kannada
03 - Economics(I) - English & Kannada
04 - English - English
05 - Political Science - English & Kannada
06 - History - English & Kannada
07- Sociology - English & Kannada
08- Geography - English & Kannada
09 - Hindi - Hindi
10 - Management (II) - English & Kannada
11 - Tourism Administration - English & Kannada
12 - Education - English & Kannada
13 - Library & Information Science - English
14 - Mass Communication & Journalism - English & Kannada
15 - Psychology - English & Kannada
16 - Social Work - English & Kannada
17 - Criminology - English & Kannada
18 - Law - English & Kannada
19 - Sanskrit - Sanskrit
20 - Physical Education - English & Kannada
21 - Folk Literature - English & Kannada
22 - Urdu - Urdu
23 - Public Administration - English & Kannada
24 - Computer Science & Applications - English
25 - Physical Science(III) - English
26 - Mathematical Science(IV) - English
27 - Chemical Science(V) - English
28 - Life Sciences(VI) - English
29 - Environmental Science - English
30 - Home Science - English
31 - Electronic Science - English
32 - Earth Science (VII) - English
33 - Archaeology(VIII) - English & Kannada
34 - Anthropology - English & Kannada
35 - Marathi - Marathi
36 - Philosophy - English & Kannada
37 - Women Studies(IX) - English & Kannada
38 - Linguistics - English & Kannada
39 - Performing Arts - English & Kannada
KSET 2019 Exam Pattern
No. of Papers: 3 Multiple-choice Questions (MCQ) papersPaper –I
Paper-I will be of general nature, which accesses the research/teaching aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test the general awareness, divergent thinking, comprehension and reasoning ability of the candidate.
Number of Question: 50 questions to be attempted out of 60
Duration: 1 Hours (09.30 A.M to 10.45 A.M)Paper –II
Paper II will be of the subjects selected by the candidate.
Number of Question: 50 compulsory questions
Duration: 1 Hours (11.00 A.M to 12.15 PM)Paper –III
Paper III will be of the subjects selected by the candidate.
Number of Question: 75 compulsory questions
Duration: 2 Hours (01.30 P.M to 4.00 P.M)
N.B.: There is no negative marking for any incorrect answers.