- Nit Karnataka
National Institute of Technology Karnataka
Formerly known as Karnataka Regional Engineering College (KREC), the National Institute of Technology Karnataka (NITK), formerly known as also known as NIT Surathkal, was founded in 1960 as a public engineering university at Surathkal, Mangalore. It is one of the 31 National Institutes of Technology in India and is recognised as an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India. It has a suburban campus, in close proximity to the Arabian Sea. National Highway 66 runs through the campus and serves as the major mode of access.
Vision of NIT Karnataka
To facilitate transformation of students into good human beings, responsible citizens and competent professionals, focusing on assimilation, generation and dissemination of knowledge.
Mission of NIT Karnataka
- Impart quality education to meet the needs of profession and society, and achieve excellence in teaching-learning and research.
- Attract and develop talented and committed human resource, and provide an environment conducive to innovation, creativity, team-spirit and entrepreneurial leadership.
- Facilitate effective interactions among faculty and students, and foster networking with alumni, industries, institutions and other stake-holders.
- Practice and promote high standards of professional ethics, transparency and accountability.
NIT Karnataka Admission
There are 8 semester in B.Tech (Undergraduate Programme) admission of which is done through JEE Main. The undergraduate programs are offered by the following departments:
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Mining Engineering
Postgraduate students are admitted to the program through the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE). Postgraduate students are required to complete coursework in addition to a thesis or dissertation that entails independent research under the guidance of a faculty
M.Tech Post Graduate Programme – Four Semester
M.C.A. (Master of Computer Applications)- Six semesters
M.B.A. (Master of Business Administration) - Four semesters
M.Sc. in Chemistry – ( Four semesters)
M.Sc. in Physics – ( Four semesters)
Ph. D. Programme
Ph.D. Programmes are offered in 14 Departments in various course and interdisciplinary specializations. NITK Surathkal is known for its quality publications in academia, businesses, public institutions, NGOs, and the Government because its publications are rigorous, clear and widely accessible articles which address emerging challenges in science and technology, and engineering.
During 2015-2016, total of 74 on-going sponsored research projects were being carried out across all departments and the funding was to the tune of INR 36 crores.
National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Srinivasnagar PO, Surathkal, Mangalore 575025, India.
Tel: 91-824-2474000 (24 lines)
Email: webteam @nitk.ac.in