- Iiit Dharwad
Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Dharwad
The Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Dharwad is one of the 20 IIITs proposed under non-profit, Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) model set up by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. The first academic session commenced in August 2015. The private partners involved in setting up of the institute is Keonics.
The Institute offers B.Tech. programmes in Computer Science & Engineering and Electronics and Communication Engineering. The Institute is operating in a transit campus located at IT Park, Hubballi.
Departments in IIIT Dharwad
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
Faculty at IIIT-Dharwad are highly qualified with PhDs and Postdocs from institutes of repute in India and abroad and have the right blend of teaching, research, and industrial experience. The Director has ample experience in both academia and industry in India as well as USA. With energy and intent, they are working to set high standards in both teaching/learning and R&D.
The Master Plan for IIIT-Dharwad is planned in such a way to ensure that the Institute will have a unique, modern, green, and smart IT campus. About 70% of the area will be left for greenery even after all the buildings are constructed at the end of four phases.
IIIT Dharwad Study Programs
The IIIT Dharwad offers following undergraduate programs:
- BTech in Computer Science and Engineering
- BTech Program in Data Science and AI
- BTech in Electronics and Communication Engineering
Admission to all above programmes are offered on the basis of rank in JEE Main
Also the institute conducts research programmes in following key areas:
- Data analytics, machine learning, and social network analysis.
- Computer networks and security.
- Knowledge management, information retrieval, ontology and semantic web technologies.
- Digital signal processing and speech technologies.
- Embedded systems, sensors, MEMS, nano technology and VLSI.
- Robotics, unmanned vehicles, control and communication technologies.
- Power electronics and alternative energy systems.
- Quantum physics, material science and engineering.
- Social sciences, including women studies and communication.
- Algorithms, Computational Geometry
IIIT Dharwad Campus, Ittigatti Road,
Near Sattur Colony, Dharwad 580009.