The Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK) is an online undergraduate Entrance Test conducted by the the Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka for admission to 25 dental, 14 medical and over 150 engineering colleges. The candidate must have passed 10 plus 2 or other equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Biology as the main subjects to appear for COMEDK UGET. The COMEDK prepares merit rank of candidates on the basis of their performance in COMEDK UGET entrance exam. The COMEDK UGET score will only be valid for the upcoming academic year.
COMEDK UGET acts as an alternative for engineering admissions in Karnataka after the state examination. The exam is held in about 290 exam centres in 132 cities for admissions into the participating institutes.
COMEDK UGET Dates
- Start date for registration and issue of online Application for COMEDK UGET: January
- Last date for COMEDK UGET application submission: April
- COMEDK UGET Exam Date: May / June
- COMEDK UGET Result: June / July
- For exact dates visit EducationNews.Shiksha
COMEDK UGET Eligibility Criteria
- The candidates should score a minimum of 45% aggregate marks (40% for SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka state) in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and 50% marks (40% in SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka state) in English in their PUC, 12th or other equivalent examination from any recognized board (except open board/university) of the country.
- All candidates should pass in their entire individual subject.
- The Physics, Mathematics and English are the compulsory subjects for COMEDK UGET while Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology or any other technical vocational courses are included in the optional subject.
- Any candidates who are diploma holders are not eligible to appear for COMEDK UGET.
No candidate shall be admitted to architecture program unless she/he has passed an examination at the end of the 10+2 scheme of examination with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and also 50% marks in aggregate of the 10+2 level examination.
COMEDK UGET Application Form
Click here for application
- The candidates should register online for the RFA (Request for Application) to apply for COMEDK UGET. They are required to fill the necessary details such as RFA as name, e-mail ID, valid mobile number, ID proof, passing class, marks card, date of birth for further communication.
- Once the RFA is submitted successfully, the applicant will get registered hence a Unique login ID and password will be sent to them via SMS on the given mobile number or email id.
- With the help of the Unique login ID and password, the applicant will get access to the OAF (Online Application Form) and will be able to fill up the application form.
- After the application process is complete, the candidates will be provided with a six digit application number and a copy of the filled application form. They are required to send the filled application form to the given address:
The Executive Secretary – COMEDK
132, Second Floor, 11th Main,
7th Cross, Malleswaram,
COMEDK UGET Exam Paper
The paper pattern for this examination is as follows:
- The duration for the exam is 3 hours
- An OMR sheet is provided to all the applicants to mark their answers
- Each correct answer carries 1 mark each
- There are no negative marking for wrong answers
- If there is a tie in the COMEDK score, the board will only consider the number of unattended and wrong answers to finally come to a conclusion.
COMEDK UGET Syllabus
The COMEDK UGET syllabus for Mathematics are as follows.
- Corelation & Regression
- Matrices & Determinates
- Logarithmic Series
- Co-ordinate Geometry
- Differential Equation
- Three Dimensional Geometry
The COMEDK UGET syllabus for Physics are as follows.
- Units of Measurement
- Alternating Current
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Current & Electricity
- Motion in one, two & three dimensions
- Kinetic Energy
- Heat & Thermodynamics
The COMEDK UGET syllabus for Biology are as follows.
- Diversity in the living world
- Genetics & evolution
- Reproduction in animals
- Reproduction in plants
- Ecology & environment
- Structural Organization in animals
- Structural Organization in plants
- Human Warfare
The COMEDK UGET syllabus for Chemistry are as follows.
- Chemistry of Carbon Compounds
- Chemistry in Action
- Transition of Metals
- Chemical Kinetics
- Organic Chemistry
- Nuclear Chemistry
COMEDK Contact Details
No. 132, 3rd Floor
11th Main, 17th Cross,
Pin - 560055