- Computers And It
- Karnataka Pgcet Mca
Karnataka PGCET MCA 2018
Post Graduate Common Entrance Test (PGCET) for MCA is conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority for admission to MCA courses in various government and private colleges within the state of Karnataka.
Karnataka PGCET MCA 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Lateral Entry to 2nd year MCA
- Candidates should have successfully completed their graduation or other equivalent examination with a minimum of 50% (45% in case of SC, ST and Category-I of Karnataka candidates) marks from a recognised university or institution. They should study Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science/Computer Applications/Computer Programming/Business Mathematics/Business Statistics as one of the optional subjects.
- Candidates should have successfully completed their graduation in BCA, B.Sc (I.T. / Computer Science) or other equivalent examination with a minimum of 50% (45% in case of SC, ST and Category-I of Karnataka candidates) marks from a recognised university or institution.
- Candidates should have studied Mathematics in their 10 2 level examination.
Karnataka PGCET MCA 2018 Application Process
- Candidates are required to apply online by visiting the official website:- http://kea.kar.nic.in
- They need to upload the scanned images of his / her latest passport size Photograph, Signature and Left Hand Thumb Impression in JPG format only.
- Fill up all the information with appropriate details. The application process is finally complete with the payment of the application fees.
- Candidates are also advised to take a print out of the completed Application Form for future reference.
Karnataka PGCET MCA 2018 Application Fees
- General category and OBC: Rs. 650/-
- SC / ST Category-1 of candidates belonging to Karnataka: Rs.500/-
The payment can be made online by using net banking/credit/debit cards or through e-challan by downloading three copies from the official website and making the payment in any of the branch of specified banks. The bank will retain bank copy of the Challan respectively and handover the remaining two copies of the Challan to the candidates.
Karnataka PGCET MCA 2018 SyllabusMathematicsAlgebra:
Fundamental operations in Algebra, Expansion, Factorization, Simultaneous Linear / Quadratic equations, Indices, Logarithms, Arithmetic, Geometric and Harmonic progressions, Binomial Theorem, Permutations and Combinations, Surds, Determinants, Matrices and application to solution of simultaneous linear equations.Co-Ordinate Geometry:
Rectangular Cartesian co-ordinates, Equations of Line, Mid-point, Intersections etc, Equations of a Circle, Distance formulae, Pair of straight lines, Parabola, Ellipse and Hyperbola, Simple Geometric transformations such as Translation, Rotation, Scaling.
Vector: Position vector, addition and subtraction of Vectors, Scalar and Vector products.
Trigonometry: Simple identities, Trigonometric equations, Properties of Triangles, Inverse function.
Probability and Statistics : Basic concept of Probability theory, Averages, Dependent and Independent events, Frequency distributions and measures of dispersions, Skewness and Kurtosis, Random variable and Distribution functions, Mathematical Expectations, Binomial, Poisson, Normal distributions, Curve fitting and Principle of Least Squares, Correlation and Regression.Computer Awareness:
Computer Basics: Organization of a computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), Input / Output devices, Computer Memory, Back-up devices, Computer Languages, Operating Systems.
Data Representation: Representation of Characters, Integers and Fractions, Binary and Hexadecimal representations, Binary Arithmetic: Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division, Two’s complement arithmetic, Floating-point representation of numbers, Normalized Floating-point representation.
Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning: The question in this section will cover Logical Reasoning, Quantitative reasoning and Visuo-spatial reasoning.
General Awareness: This section shall carry questions to test the general awareness about Business, Finance, Industry, Transportation, Scientific inventions, Governance, Healthcare and Cultural dimensions etc.
General English: Questions on Grammar and Vocabulary.
Karnataka PGCET MCA 2018 Exam Pattern
NO. OF QUESTIONS: 60 questions in Part - A carry one mark each. 20 questions in Part - B carry two marks each (All questions are compulsory)
TOTAL MARKS: 100
DURATION: 150 minutes
QUESTION TYPE: Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions
N.B.: There will be no negative marking for incorrect answers