- Civil Services
- Karnataka Civil Services Exam
Karnataka Civil Services Exam 2018
Karnataka Public Service Commission (KPSC) invites applications from the eligible candidates for the various posts of Karnataka administrative service (KAS and police service and many others. The KPSC issues the notification every year and candidates, who are eligible, can apply for the examination.
Karnataka Civil Services Exam 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Candidates must have successfully completed their graduation or other equivalent examination from a recognized university or institution.
- The candidate’s age should be between 21 - 35 years. However, there will be a relaxation of 5 years for candidates belonging to SC and ST category and relaxation of 10 years for candidates belonging to physically handicapped.
Karnataka Civil Services Exam 2018 Application Form
- Candidates are required to apply online for KPSC 2018 examination by visiting the official website http://www.kpsc.kar.nic.in/
- Fill up all the information with appropriate details. The application process is finally complete with the payment of the application fees through credit card, debit card or net banking.
- Candidates are required to take a print out of the completed Application Form for future reference.
Karnataka Civil Services Exam 2018 Exam Pattern
The Karnataka Public Service Commission will conduct the exam in three stages-
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam
- Personal Interview
The preliminary exam shall comprise of two papers of 2 hours duration each. The level of questions will be that of degree level.Paper -I General Studies
Total Marks: 150Paper –II Optional Subject (anyone subject as given in the list)
Total Marks: 300
The medium of language will be both Kannada and English.
Candidates who qualify in the preliminary exam are eligible to appear for the Mains Examination. It shall comprise of eight compulsory papers of conventional (essay) type.Paper -I Kannada
Total Marks: 150Paper –II English
Total Marks: 150Paper – III & IV General Studies
Total Marks: 300 EachPaper – V, VI, VII & VIII Two subjects to be selected from the list of optional subjects
Total Marks: Each subject will have two papers of 300 marks each
Some more details about the Main exam will be as given below:
The standard of Kannada and English paper are that of First Language Kannada and First Language English respectively at SSLC Level. The standard of the main examination except (Kannada and English) are that of degree level.List of Optional subjects for Preliminary/Main Examination
- Agricultural Marketing
- Co-operation and Sericulture
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Sciences and Fisheries
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Political Science and International Relations
- Public Administration
- Rural Development
Candidates can choose one of the following Languages also as one of the optional subjects except the subjects given in the above table. The subjects are as given below.
The Candidates will not be allowed to choose the following combination of subjects in the main examinations:
- Political Science and International Relations and Public Administration
- Commerce and Accountancy and Management
- Anthropology and Sociology
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Agriculture and Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Sciences
- Not more than one of the Engineering Subjects (Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering)
- Economics and Rural Development and Co-operation
- Agriculture and Rural Development & Co-operation
Candidates, who secure qualifying marks in the Main examination, will be eligible to appear for the interview. They will have to sit in front of a panel where the candidates will be judged upon their thorough knowledge about a particular topic.
Total Marks: 200